Wednesday, March 7, 2012

FaceBook Rant | "Schulz, Obama, Ingraham - Really"

Alanon teaches me I should not involve myself in this kind of stuff.  To stick to my side of the street.  I am not a good student.  This is one of the reasons that I created this blog.  I can rant here and let things go.  If someone happens to stumble upon this mess, it is their choice to read on.  I warn you, you should NOT read on.

Posted recently on FB in apparent response to the recent troubles Rush has been having.
"So, did Obama call Laura Ingraham when Ed Shultz called her a "Slut". I DON'T THINK SO!!!"

So here are a couple of thoughts:
(1)  Because President Obama did not call Laura Ingraham this justifies Limbaugh's three day abuse of Sandra Fluke.  How?
(2)  Would Laura Ingraham have taken a call from President Obama.  How would she have spun such a call?
(3)  Would this poster have cared if President Obama called Ms. Ingraham if he (President Obama) had not called Ms. Fluke?  I seriously doubt it would have ever crossed the poster's mind.
(4)  Even though Mr. Shultz's word choice is also inexcusable, I can't think of too many nice things Ms. Ingraham has had to say about President Obama and his family.  She's a big girl, actively and regularly playing in the big and nasty world of politics and pundits.  Personally I don't see why Ms. Ingraham would have cared if President Obama had called her.
(5)  Again Mr. Shultz's word choice is inexcusable, but it was one instance.  He did not go on for three days to denigrate Ms. Ingraham.  And, while light in its nature, he did rather quickly accept punishment for his word choice.
(6)  How and why did this become an Obama issue?